:: Training & Professional Resources ::
Ready Set Repay will provide you with customized professional development and financial aid training based on your institution’s needs. Here are a few examples of the training we offer. Contact us to discuss how we can be of service to your campus.
- Entrance Counseling – OCAP offers a PowerPoint version of Direct Loan Entrance Counseling. This presentation is designed to be given by a financial aid administrator. It meets all regulatory requirements and can be used in place of or to augment online entrance counseling. Schools may also request a training specialist from OCAP deliver this presentation.
- Exit Counseling – Like the entrance counseling presentation, this PowerPoint is designed to be given by a financial aid administrator. It meets all regulatory requirements. Schools may also request a training specialist from OCAP deliver this presentation.
- Homeless/Unaccompanied Youth – Many financial aid administrators have questions about the FAFSA relating to unaccompanied homeless youth. OCAP offers occasional training designed to help aid administrators navigate these situations.
- Default Prevention Best Practices – OCAP offers training designed to assist schools in developing Default Prevention Plans. This training is regularly offered at state conference and workshops and can be customized for an individual institution.
- Income-Based Repayment Training – Recently, Congress and the Department of Education have introduced a number of different repayment plans for Direct Loan borrowers that are tied to income. OCAP offers training designed to help financial aid administrators understand these plans and effectively discuss the differences with students.
- Federal Regulations and Policy Changes – In the current political climate, federal regulations are constantly changing. OCAP monitors these changes and, in many cases, we are able to design training to assist financial aid administrators in adapting to new regulations. If there is a topic on which you or your staff need training please don’t hesitate to contact our office. We may be able to help!
Oklahoma Money Matters offers a variety of trainings and hands-on workshops for campus staff or students. Visit their website to learn more about the services they provide.
- Department of Education
- Federal Student Aid (FSA)
- National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)
- NSLDS Video: How to Find Out What You Owe
- Oklahoma Campus E-clips
- Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education