:: Default Prevention School Tool (DPST) ::
The DPST is an easy-to-use Microsoft Access database with the most current borrower cohort information, which provides schools an easy way to track and manage cohort default rate performance. The DPST turns OCAP's 'Delinquent Borrower by School Report' and ED's servicer (TIVAS) data into an interactive application, and is designed to provide special support, allowing schools to focus on students who are at-risk of becoming delinquent or defaulting on their student loans.
The DPST is provided for free to our Oklahoma educational partner institutions.
With the DPST, campus professionals can access reports, pre-formatted letters and a comprehensive database search feature. Signature features of the DPST are listed below.
- It helps pinpoint at-risk populations or cohort accounts.
- It imports TIVAS' delinquent accounts report (DELQ01) from NSLDS.
- It creates and sends customizable batch letters and emails to OCAP and ED's servicer loans for at-risk populations or cohort accounts.
- It can be used to send instructional rehabilitation letters to recently defaulted borrowers.
- It provides customizable reports with combined data from OCAP and ED that can be printed or exported to spreadsheets for further analysis.
- It sends demographic updates to OCAP by email at the click of a mouse.
If you're interested in reducing your cohort default rate, enhancing your direct contact with at-risk borrowers and minimizing staffing costs and time spent working delinquent accounts, this product can help.
OCAP's Default Prevention team is ready and able to help you reach your default prevention goals. To request a DPST demonstration, contact Jaime Shelton, OCAP's Policy and Compliance Specialist, at 405.234.4281, 877.688.4357 (toll free) or firstname.lastname@example.org.